Monday, January 22, 2007

Head Shaving Party!

Hi Everyone,

Saturday night was a total blast! Our good friend Tom Mitchell decided to shave his head and be bald with me to support my battle with breast cancer. In addition, Mitch recruited another five people to do the same and we had a head shaving party at our house. About 20 of our friends joined the fun, food, fire, head-shaving and fireworks on Saturday evening. There were a lot of laughs along the way I can assure you.

Since I was the original baldy, I had the dubious honor of being the head clipper gal, and if I should say so myself I did a pretty good job of it. First person in my chair was Kelly, she wanted a Mohawk, and a Mohawk she got. We did have some adjustments to the Mohawk later because it was too long in the front at first but she looks fantastic!

Second up was Mitch, and let me just say, Uncle Fester has nothing on Mitch! JR did shave the remaining stubble after the initial clipping, and Mitch looks fabulous! Next was Eric and again, not to toot my own horn, I did a fabulous job of clipping E’s head. My husband however, hacked the living daylights out of E’s head with the razor. I think I must have put 20 pieces of t.p. on the spots where he was bleeding. Poor Eric, he was a good sport about it.

The next brave soul was Jim Mitchel and he was a piece of cake, he has a great shaped head and there were no shaving mishaps on either Anderson watch. Next in my chair was Bo Mitchell. The future Mrs. Bo Mitchell wanted me to shave his hair into a “Bo Hawk” and that is what I did. Apparently she is going to take care of the rest today or tomorrow. Go Kari!

And the last of the Mohicans in the chair was none other than Jeffrey Bartels! I was sad to see the flat top go but it was his choice. We had a couple of do’s along the way, first we shaved the Mohawk, which looked great, then we did the Charlie Brown chunk in the front and then we took him down to bald and shaved off half the beard. No one in the room, including his wife Vickie, has ever seen Bart without a full beard! I have to say, Bart is a styling man and is looking rather hot with the goatee and bald head. Oh sure he’s 6’ 5” so that may have something to do with it too. You’re a lucky girl Vickie!

In any case, I want to thank everyone who participated by bringing food and drink and helping with clean up duty, I appreciate it very much. I also want to thank those who shaved their heads to support me in my battle, that was such a wonderful gesture of support and I really love you all for being here for me. I hope everyone enjoys the pictures, they are really fun. Thank you again for everyone’s love and support, you are all the best!

Love to you all,

Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!! Love the pic.s!!! I saw you on the news. You looked great. Love you. Kelly Edberg

Monday Came said...

Had a great time at the party - thanks for giving my man a sweet "Bo Hawk." Love you! The future Mrs. Mitchell

Anonymous said...

Breast Cancer pink pink bracelets
Common Breast Cancer Myths

The first myth pertaining to this disease is that it only affects women.

Second myth that is associated with this disease is that if one has found a lump during an examination, it is cancer.

Third is that it is solely hereditary

The next myth associated with breast cancer is downright ridiculous. Would you believe, that in this day and age, some individuals still think that breast cancer is contagious?

Conversely, some individuals foolishly believe that breast size determines whether or not one gets cancer.

Finally, another myth that is associated with this disease is that it only affects older people. This is not so. Although the chance of getting breast cancer increases with age, women as young as 18 have been diagnosed with the disease.

You can find a number of helpful informative articles on Breast Cancer pink bracelets at breast-cancer1.com

Breast Cancer prognosis